Safety & Security
Why Safety & Security is our Highest Value for Students & Families
We have the most important message ever to share with students: that God loves them so much that He provided a way through Jesus Christ to receive forgiveness of sin, inherit eternal life, and enjoy a personal relationship with Him that begins on earth and lasts through eternity! We are very intentional about how we share this message and how we combat obstacles that would keep students from hearing it loud and clear.
This is why we place such a high priority on both the PHYSICAL and EMOTIONAL safety of students and families.
SHC FAMILY MINISTRIES COVID POLICIES / PROCEDURES
Because the safety of all families is our top priority, SHC has instituted COVID-19 related safety practices that are based on CDC guidelines and policies implemented in local schools. If you would like to read our full COVID Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Arriving to Programming / Event
Please review the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire. If your answer is YES to any of these questions OR if you are sick in any way, PLEASE stay home.
- Do you or have you had a fever in the last week?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19? (in the past 10 days)
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID 19? (in the past 14 days)
What if someone tests positive for COVID-19?
Out of respect for all families, we ask that SHC staff is notified of all positive COVID-19 tests (anonymity will be respected beyond the necessary leadership) and that individuals testing positive observe CDC recommended quarantine.
Our security plan:
To ensure safety and security in our ministry, we follow a Security Plan with practices that include:
- a team of security professionals, ministry professionals, and reliable adult volunteer leaders.
- the use of uniformed and/or plain-clothed security personnel.
- policies that serve to protect the physical and emotional well-being of students and adults.
- an electronic student check-in process.
- an extensive background and screening process for adult volunteer leaders.
If you have any questions or concerns about the safety and security of students, please contact Student Ministries Staff immediately at 770.945.5092.
To learn more about our safety plan, contact us to review a copy of “Sugar Hill Students Safety & Security Practices.” Although our entire Safety and Security plan cannot be distributed (for security reasons), we will be happy to meet with parents to discuss the details of the plan.